Where have all the sailors gone

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Where have all the sailors gone

Post by JacquesR »

I used to check this Forum almost everyday for new discussion on sailboats and sailors. Now I only check once in a while. It seems that most sailors are like bears and hibernating. I would think members have more time to chat during the off season, at least here in the cold North. Where are you all.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Where have all the sailors gone

Post by Michel »

It has been very quiet for some time now! Is that some effect of the pandemic?
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
wdscobie
Recognized Old Salt

Post by wdscobie »

I'm hunkered down in the cabin with diesel heater running and cat on my lap. Broke down and put the dinghy on the bow because of PNW winter rain - was needing to bail it out every couple of days).

I'll likely go down to Arizona after the new year to see my dad (also avoid some cold rain). A friend has a new to him M15 so may twist his arm to go for a sail on Lake Pleasant. Another acquaintance in the Phoenix area just completed (mostly as no boat is ever 'finished') a complete renovation of a fixed keel M17, VERY RARE model, that I'd love to go for a sail.
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: Liveaboard on Baba 30 #233 DEJA VU
:: FOR SALE SV SWALLOW - https://sv-swallow.com
:: Owner M6'8" dingy
:: Former M17 #375 SWEET PEA - https://m17-375.com
:: Former M15 #288 SCRED - https://m15namedscred.wordpress.com/
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

Unfortunately I have sick and elderly parents to take care of. I doubt my Father will see his 73rd birthday this May. My Mother is doing better, but with a lung lobectomy and recurrent infections due to it, I was not able to raise the sail on either of my boats this year. I do not know about next.

I did just purchase a drysuit for kayaking in colder weather, but even that seems up in the air at the moment.
kanusport
New Contributor

Post by kanusport »

Im new here and it does seem a bit slow. Perhaps the forum format has seen its day, either way there is a lot of good info on here and I’m happy to be here. I just acquired a 2018 scamp that’s a gig harbor boat. I’ll be sailing it as soon as the ice thaws.
JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Post by JacquesR »

Thank you all for your response. I was worried there for a while. Merry Holidays to all and fair winds in 2022.