The Voyage of Southern Cross blog

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Re: The Voyage of Southern Cross blog

Post by pocketyacht »

The boat is Southern Cross and she met every expectation I had. The rig was excellent, modifications were appropriate. She and I sailed in some very serious circumstances and she never failed to deliver. Hardest voyage I have made aboard any boat and this little ship made it happen. I am glad I was thoughtful and careful in putting her together, a proper yacht in my thinking.
Untitled3.jpg
[attachment=0]voyaging.jpg[/attachment)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pocketyacht on Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

looking at SC. THAT is the rig all scamps should have
ramonred
New Contributor

Post by ramonred »

Howard,

Congratulations on your adventure and also so glad you made back to all of us. Your SCamp is gorgeous and I'm glad she made it back too.

See you PT in August!
Ramon #428

"...This is not mysticism, but identification; man, building this greatest and most personal of all tools, has in turn received a boat-shaped mind, and the boat, a man-shaped soul.." John Steinbeck The Log from the Sea of Cortez
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

ramonred wrote:Howard,

Congratulations on your adventure and also so glad you made back to all of us. Your SCamp is gorgeous and I'm glad she made it back too.

See you PT in August!
wish I could make it to PT. I am on the wrong coast. He needs to make a circuit and hit up St. Michaels in Maryland in October too!
Peter E
Major Contributor

Post by Peter E »

Now Howard since you tested it out you should be able to take on the Great Lakes.
Looking forward to more adventures. Fellow Scamper Pete