First Leg Return Logistics

A forum for discussion about the Race to Alaska ( http://www.racetoalaska.com )

Moderator: Moderator

geoffpentz
New Contributor

First Leg Return Logistics

Post by geoffpentz »

Team OMG will be using a "support boat" to tow OMG back to Port Townsend/Ludlow. (yes, we could sail back, but this old man, doesn't have the energy to do the Swiftsure and R2AK and sail back)

We have asked the race committee for additional moorage in Victoria. Daniel has been the best, in supporting that need.

If you are planning on a similar method, get a note into Team R2AK/Daniel...

Lets get a dialogue going about the return.

If Team OMG/ReignMaker can be of assistance, please let us know.
ecgossett
New Contributor

Re: First Leg Return Logistics

Post by ecgossett »

Would you guys be able to take a 3.5hp Mercury outboard over for me? I'm planning on returning on the 1st leg, and want to make the trip as safe as possible.

I would also be available for towing anyone a small craft back, with my Core Sound 17. Yes, I've towed before. Depending upon weight and crew, we can discuss, if they ride with me, have someone in the boat being towed, etc.

I'm considering pulling out in Port Angles to shorten return time.

Ed
www.foggysailing.com
geoffpentz
New Contributor

Post by geoffpentz »

Ed,
Yep, look us up at the Marina. We have a spot on the back rail for a outboard. Yours will fit perfectly...
ecgossett
New Contributor

Post by ecgossett »

How do I find you guys at the marina?
Dirk Visser 166
Regular Contributor

Post by Dirk Visser 166 »

The Race Boss came on the "Qualifier currents and winds" thread and mentioned you guys were discussing return plans here.
I realized there's one key thing that might get overlooked in all the arrangements for Radio channels, routes to follow, trailers, towing lines, plenty of fossil fuel, anchorages to raft up and party, barbie briquettes, microbrew and vintage wine lists...
I could just see us there, with some nice Lopez Island grass-fed cuts, done to perfection, following the Second leg boys on the satelite as they approach Seymour...
You know the problem , already....right?
We are leg 1 sailors..
No ten grand,
And no steak knives !!!