Moderator: Moderator

zig zag
New Contributor

Just heard the HPCC 2015 (Havasu) been canceled

Post by zig zag »

this is from The Trailer Sailor forum and looks like an end to this event

SailHavasu update.... 2015 HPCC Cancelled

Gang,

I'm sorry to relay to you that we are going to have to pull the plug on planning the 2015 HPCC.

The event has grown so large that it demands certain things to pull it off. There are also time constraints with regards to permitting that must be adhered to. I truly thought that we would be able to have all the pieces together as we have in the past, however, we have reached an impass with one of the resorts. I have pushed the time limits as far as I can trying to bring them onboard but there are some unresolved issues from the last HPCC that we have not been able to bring to a mutually agreeable resolution. Frankly, I'm flabberghasted and I did not expect this to go down this road, but unfortunately it has. It is my opinion that without that facility on board the event cannot be run with the same flavor an attraction it has enjoyed in the past and I will not compromise and put on something that is sub-par compared to what we have enjoyed previously.

I'm sorry to tell you all this, as I know how much everyone wanted this to go forward. Please know that I have tried to bring this to resolution and as far as I am concerned, all available options have been looked at.

I will be right here in Havasu this February as will a lot of the locals and "new locals".... if you want to come and sail, we'd love to see you. There will just not be a formal Sailhavasu organized event running.

This is a frustrating, however, final decsion. I am not making plans at this time for another HPCC. The name Sailhavasu is a business name I use for the financials of the event as well as some other enterprises that I undertake. If someone would like to develop their own gathering I am fine with that as I am announcing that I am vacating the event hosting aspect of the business indefinitely, however I would ask that the names "Sailhavasu" and the "Havasu Pocket Cruisers Convention", not be used to prevent confusion about who is doing what. Thank you.

If you do elect to come to Havasu this season, I would highly recommend the London Bridge Resort for your stay. Their support for the HPCC has been long term and strong. Please thank them for that.

Sean
Friends with SCAMPS
Major Contributor

Re: Just heard the HPCC 2015 (Havasu) been canceled

Post by Friends with SCAMPS »

This is such a bummer. Sean put together an incredible event. It was one of those things I aspired to get to one day from the moment I heard about it. I love the all inclusive nature of reports and stories about Havasu. I know if it were possible it would be on. Thanks to you, Sean Mulligan. Please keep sailing, writing, and inspiring trailer sailors everywhere.
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

Havasu was one of the reasons I was considering getting a trailer sailor too... :cry:
Monies
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Monies »

So sorry to hear this. Mike and I planned to be there this year if we could. Sean is a special person.

Love, Jackie and Mike Monies