Where have all the sailors gone

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Re: Where have all the sailors gone

Post by Art Haberland »

Thank you, it was a rough year for him. He and I had our differences, but nobody deserves to go the way he did.
JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Post by JacquesR »

I just read your last post. Sad that you lost your Dad. 73 is still too young in my book. My condolences to you and your family.
GregWads
Regular Contributor

Post by GregWads »

We sold our Stuart Mariner last summer. The only lake in the area large enough to sail it on is an hour and half drive away. Yes I know I live 10 minutes from the Mississippi river, we tried sailing there several times, each time was frought with minor peril that simply took all the fun out of it.
I have been busy working on building a SCAMP, which hopefully by the end of February, will be ready to turn over and begin working on the bottom side. The SCAMP is the perfect size for this area's local lakes and can easily be trailered to locations farther afield.
Charlie P. (NY)
Regular Contributor

Post by Charlie P. (NY) »

Where have all the sailors gone?

Long time passing.

Where ave all the sailors gone?

Long time ago.

Mostly, at this time, feeding logs into the furnace and wishing for ice-out. Global warming has promises for upstate NY but it's still cold and snowy at this time.
Charlie Pearsall
Mud Hen 17 (1986)
s/v Mad Hatter
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

Hopefully I will get out this year. Last July my Father passed away from Cancer. Tomorrow my Mother goes under the knife to fix an aortic Aneurysm. With any luck, she will back to her old self before sailing season starts and I won't have to spend every day off ferrying her to and from doctor's appointments.