Wonderful Article In SCA Magazine this issue

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Re: Wonderful Article In SCA Magazine this issue

Post by JacquesR »

Art, you bring up a good question. I don't have an answer and doubt anyone has one. its usually a combination of things. The whole is more than its parts.
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

JacquesR wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:41 am
Art, you bring up a good question. I don't have an answer and doubt anyone has one. its usually a combination of things. The whole is more than its parts.
I will say this regarding the Sunbird and the Daysailer, the Sunbird ceased to be built in the early 1980's while the Daysailer is still being built. Furthermore, the hardware on the "Bird" is not the same quality as the DS, its not bad (I am still using the same hardware on my 79 Bird that it came with) but it is not the latest and best. I am sure there are also almost imperceptible differences in hull construction, weight distribution, location of the mast etc that taken as a whole it really is a "Whole is greater than the parts" answer.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

I finally got my #129 issue ! :) I went right to the article and loved it! Our friend Norman is a great writer with a real good sense of humor. That was worth the wait! :)
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
GregWads
Regular Contributor

Post by GregWads »

For Anyone interested I will soon be putting an add on the SCA site to sell my 1993 Stuart Marine Mariner. As a result of the 2021 Midwest Dericho and thanks to the insurance compay the boat has a new mast, all new standing rigging and a new rolling furler.