What are these called?

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Post Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:28 am

What are these called?

Post by barnaclebill »

On my boat I have a couple of gadgets that are sort of a cross between a snap hook and a padeye. (Sorry no pictures). Or a snap hook with a flat base that has 2 holes. They're about an inch long and stainless. I have no idea where I got them, but they're very handy for clipping things to because a lanyard won't slip off no matter how rough it is. Anybody know what they're called?
Barnacle Bill
Recognized Old Salt
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:45 am

Re: What are these called?

Post by lustyslogger »

layovers to catch meddlers.

without photos most of wouldn't have clue.
User avatar
Art Haberland
Major Contributor
Posts: 422
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:08 pm
Location: The Garden State

Re: What are these called?

Post by Art Haberland »

yes I need a picture of some sort to know what you are talking about.
User avatar
Charlie P. (NY)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:11 am
Location: Upstate NY

Re: What are these called?

Post by Charlie P. (NY) »


Check out the sailboat hardware at Defender Marine. Good prices and good selection. You might have to mix a pad-eye and a snap, but they have a pretty good website of images to see if your item is there. I've been shopping with them for 40+ years.


https://www.defender.com/category.jsp?n ... 18&path=-1
Charlie Pearsall
Mud Hen 17 (1986)
s/v Mad Hatter
Post Reply