Hurricane Eta

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Hurricane Eta

Post by lustyslogger »

Well, it passed through this area last night. Yesterday I went to the marina to make sure the Lusty Slogger was properly secured. Ran some extra spring lines and made sure the tarp I use for a boat cover was secured. Also checked the battery to my bilge pump (found out I had it wired backwards so the pump wasn't actually working! Fixed that. Spoke with the Dock Master and was assured the cove was very protected (HA).

Anyway, lots of small debris on the ground at my house and I had a small shed in my back yard blown over. That was the extent of Hurricane Eta passing through. Since I have not heard from the marina telling me I need to come salvage my boat I assume all is well there! Actually, the boat is about 50 miles from the house and south of the path of the hurricane. Maximum sustained winds were between 25 and 30 mph so it was like a summer breeze in Leesburg! This is the first time in 57 years of sailing that I actually had to make sure the boat was as secure as possible.

Hopefully, this is the last one of the year.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Hurricane Eta

Post by Michel »

Glad it was not too bad for you!
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

Went back today to check it out. Absolutely no issues at all. Apparently I wired the pump correctly this time as the boat was completely dry. Also the boat cover was as I left it. Today was a beautiful day to go sailing (after 5:00PM, 30 minutes before sunset!).

Maybe Sunday!
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

Great! But try to take and share some images!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~