Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

crazycarl
Regular Contributor

Re: This morning!

Post by crazycarl »

Michel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 am
That must be a great place for sailing! How is that Neuse River?
I haven't been on the Neuse yet. I've been creek sailing exploring the grass marshes. I will say it is a small boat paradise here. We have many creeks that are great for sailing.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

crazycarl wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:35 pm
Michel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 am
That must be a great place for sailing! How is that Neuse River?
I haven't been on the Neuse yet. I've been creek sailing exploring the grass marshes. I will say it is a small boat paradise here. We have many creeks that are great for sailing.
I sometime enjoy sailing in the shallows with the centreboard half way up and the jib rolled in for the balance. It really makes my sailing area a lot larger! :) And I only meet Kayakists, and fishermen!
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
crazycarl
Regular Contributor

Post by crazycarl »

Absolutely! I took our 15' daysailer out exploring and I was treated to herons, ospreys, kingfishers, and turtles. So many turtles here. I didn't know they lived in brackish waters. Unfortunately I have decided to sell the 15' daysailer as the wife wanted "a boat she can standup in with a proper head". We purchased a 30' boat, but I still have my Compac 19 for trailering to distance waters. The is I'll keep a log of our sails, if we both agree she is not going out on the 30r' enough over a 2 year period, we'll sell it and I can search for a Pacific Seacraft Flicka. Of course, one is for sale just up the river from us right now.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

The Flika is one of those absolutely beautiful small ship! I would love to have such a boat but it still need a slip to be practical. This is something I am getting along fine without! I am very happy to just pull my boat to the ramp, rig and sail away! For free! ;)
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~