Rowing Spark

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Rowing Spark

Post by Art Haberland »

Once again, a blowing day with uncomfortable gustiness. I really envy those people who complain that summertime brings "doldrums" in their winds. The hotter it gets here, the worse the breeze off of the ocean gets. With that in mind and having a real need to get out on the water, I went out to my local lake sans rig and went for a row. All told, I did roughly 4 miles, 2 up and 2 back with some slow sightseeing along the way.

For the most part, Lake Lenapi is like any other man made lake, it has a dam, a state park on one side, and homes on the other. With an average depth of 6 feet, it's not very deep. The lower half of the lake is nothing to write home about, big houses, a bathing beach, and lots of people making noise. It was the last half mile that things got very quiet and very pretty. If you like swamp.

With Spark drawing close to a foot of water with the board up there were several areas I could not go, but just getting out there was worth the effort. After all, any day on the water is a good day.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KObaNmNbtHE[/youtube]

Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Rowing Spark

Post by Michel »

Nice! Your boat seems to row very well! Dop you have long oars?
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~