Are we sailing yet.

Boat talk and general conversation.

Moderator: Moderator

JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Are we sailing yet.

Post by JacquesR »

Hi all. I'm pretty close to get my Sandpiper launched. Got all the cleaning and waxing done. Still have to get all the stuff on board and test the outboard. What about you. Are you sailing yet. :)
wdscobie
Recognized Old Salt

Re: Are we sailing yet.

Post by wdscobie »

I went out for a week in early April. Was cool and wet, not really unexpected for Salish Sea in April. Had a couple of very good days of sailing.

May feels like the third month going at March. It is a little warmer, still way below the average though, and WET. Weather systems are coming every three days from SW - the winter pattern and not normal May (should have longer stretches of warm temps and northerly winds with a maybe once a week system from the SW).

Heading out tomorrow to meet up with a group of Potter Yachters from California. Will cruise together for a few days. They are going to be in cold and rain shock!!
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: Liveaboard: Baba 30 DEJA VU
:: Owner M6'8" dingy
:: Former SWALLOW - https://saulboatswallow.wordpress.com
:: Former M17 SWEET PEA - https://m17-375.com
:: Former M15 SCRED - https://m15namedscred.wordpress.com/
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

Not for at least another month or so. Sunday, while moving 2000 pounds of C02, I gave myself a cute little umbilical hernia. The doc likes the looks of it and I go under the knife in a couple of weeks to get it patched up. I am in no pain, but it was suggested I avoid doing anything strenuous until after the surgery and recovery.
Last edited by Art Haberland on Thu May 12, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

It should be soon for me! Maybe somewhere next week. I am looking forward to it! ;)
I wish you the best Art! Take care and get well. :)
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

and now to add insult to injury.. I have Covid. thank goodness for being Vaccinated and Boosted. Hopefully I will be over it in a week so that the Surgery does not get put off.
Sirensailor
New Contributor

Post by Sirensailor »

I finally got my Siren 17 "Up and Away" into the water. I have it at a marina over an hour away on the South Bay of Lake Nipissing in Ontario and there are lots of interesting place to sail. This year I plan to get back to spending a few nights on the boat, haven't done that for a couple of years, this is my 12th year with the boat.
Lots of rain lately and musical commitments meant a bit later launch than I like but now it's in, sails are on and she's ready to head out, unfortunately we have a few days of wet weather coming so I won't be sailing until after the weekend.
Amazingly the trailer lights worked with no repairs and the motor started on the second pull, good way to start the season!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

Today is the day for my Surgery, so hopefully July will see me sailing again!
JacquesR
Regular Contributor

Post by JacquesR »

Good luck with the surgery Art. See you soon on the water. :D
Michel
Recognized Old Salt

Post by Michel »

All the best to you Art. :)
Michel Boulet
Ex: "Mari-Bell" Sandpiper 565 (18.5367454 ft)
Now: "Papou" Tanzer 16 dinghy
Montreal
"Let the world say what it will"
~~_/)~~
Art Haberland
Major Contributor

Post by Art Haberland »

I have to say, it was more and less than I expected. The actual operation went quickly and easily. Three little holes punched in the side of my belly and a small hole next to my belly button. Sitting is fine, laying down is fine, Walking is getting better.. it's all the inbetween stages that are kicking my butt.

They offered percocets for pain, but I turned them down. I do not want to worry about puking while my belly feels like this. I just take a couple of Tylenol before bed and do my best to get comfortable. I tend to sleep on my left side.. where the holes are. This is going to be a few weeks of rough sleep.