SCAMP OD Class Board, Constitution and Rules

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

frank!
New Contributor

Re: SCAMP OD Class Board, Constitution and Rules

Post by frank! »

To the Scamp Class Board,

In the spirit of "Chuckle Headed Fun" and in order to limit the potential ravages of the 'competition demon' might I suggest that any (trophy) recognition be given to "The First Runner-up"?

After all, the first over the line surely has sufficient bragging rights in having beaten the Trophy Winner!

(I foresee hilariously devious tactics in the competition to be Second over the line!)

- in the spirit of the late Phil Bolger who once proposed that the scantling rules of a certain class (the Folding Schooner IIRC) may be tested by the bare big toe of the Protestor being applied to the Protestee's boat ......

;)

frank
Editors
Site Admin

Re: SCAMP OD Class Board, Constitution and Rules

Post by Editors »

Good stuff, Frank! I like it.

—Josh
The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
SVLastTry
New Contributor

SCAMP OD Class Board, Constitution and Rules

Post by SVLastTry »

Anything going on with the SCAMP Class? Has a SCAMP rating been calculated? Our most recent LAYC Gumbo Regatta had one SCAMP registered. And the big question was "What was the SCAMP's rating. The race was a timed event where everyone started at pre selected intervals. Small Craft first and big boats last. Was Great Fun!