SCAMP OD Class Board, Constitution and Rules

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Re: SCAMP OD Class Board, Constitution and Rules

Post by pocketyacht »

OK, I accept.
Editors wrote:I'm going to return to David's nomination and insist Howard accept. It only makes sense that you should have a vote and be a part of the first board, Howard. I believe this had already been seconded and I'm sure we can get a third ;-) I hope you'll reconsider...or else.

—Josh
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Howard should definitely be on board with the board. Thanks Howard. I third his nomination. Also like Happy Dog on there too as he is definitely a member of the fringe rebel element of SCAMP sailors. If all the fringe element sailors could get a chance at an officially sanctioned but just for fun race, that could be entertaining and stimulating for the SCAMP community me thinks.
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

Hey Kenjamin

Our esteemed editor had me quaking in me sandals (here in Pohnpei) with his veiled threat "or else";-)..............Trust me I am writing the fringe element into the class after all we will be all about inclusion.

Funny thing as the OD guy I am it turns out my build of #2 is about as fringe as they come. Now you gents in your speedy fringe SCAMP's be nice to me on the race course/ Please wave and toss over cold drinks as you pass. I plan to develop a collection of nice transom photos.
kenjamin wrote:Howard should definitely be on board with the board. Thanks Howard. I third his nomination. Also like Happy Dog on there too as he is definitely a member of the fringe rebel element of SCAMP sailors. If all the fringe element sailors could get a chance at an officially sanctioned but just for fun race, that could be entertaining and stimulating for the SCAMP community me thinks.
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Yo Howard,

As an esteemed member of the board you have the unique opportunity to insist that the winner of the open class event should buy the beer. That way us guys with curvy under-sized rigs and guys with extra heavily built bottoms can lose more gracefully knowing there will be some free beer in the picture at the end of the day. I would say that this is a golden opportunity but I actually prefer a dark lager. Cheers!
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

An update on the new SCAMP Association Board.
To date we have the following names nominated or volunteering for the Board, which gives us a good start but an even number.............so we need an additional volunteer or nomination. The Board will make a number of decisions including term length for members.
To date we have:

Keith Nasman
John Welsford
Josh Colvin
Simeon Baldwin
Steve Haines
Dave Estep
Johnny Walker
Howard Rice

Should we end up with eight then I can recuse myself and hope to be accepted as an advisor to the Board. This will give us an odd number for voting purposes.

Any nominations or volunteers out there?

Thanks
HappyDog
Major Contributor

Post by HappyDog »

kenjamin wrote:Howard should definitely be on board with the board. Thanks Howard. I third his nomination. Also like Happy Dog on there too as he is definitely a member of the fringe rebel element of SCAMP sailors. If all the fringe element sailors could get a chance at an officially sanctioned but just for fun race, that could be entertaining and stimulating for the SCAMP community me thinks.

Kenjamin, thank you for the kind thought but I must decline. I'd be a poor choice as I am just not inclined to sailing with rules beyond "be nice, be safe, have fun".

Cheers!

Charlie
Friends with SCAMPS
Major Contributor

Post by Friends with SCAMPS »

I'm going to suggest SCAMP needs a token female voice on the board. Isn't there a Julie building a SCAMP? Or Jackie Monies? Or Marty Worline's wife, Lori, she's considerably warmed to SCAMP from a starting place of not such fondness: she could provide a whole different perspective.
SCAMP98
New Contributor

Post by SCAMP98 »

I would be willing to help out in any capacity. I have a significant amount of racing and class organization experience that should be of benefit.

Tony
League City, TX
Scamp #98
HappyDog
Major Contributor

Post by HappyDog »

I'd like to suggest that "build materials" for hulls include Aluminum as well as the more traditional materials of Wood, Fiberglass, and Structural Foam.

Cheers,

Charlie
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

Noted
Thanks
HappyDog wrote:I'd like to suggest that "build materials" for hulls include Aluminum as well as the more traditional materials of Wood, Fiberglass, and Structural Foam.

Cheers,

Charlie