The fiberglass Scamp; Eureka, we have done it

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Anders Bjorklund
Regular Contributor

Re: The fiberglass Scamp; Eureka, we have done it

Post by Anders Bjorklund »

Gorgeous boat on a gorgeous day. Congratulations Dave!

Is the halyard attachment point on the yard set up according to the plans? In the first video it looks like it might be closer to the peak than what I'm used to seeing. I like how it raises the clew a bit higher above the cockpit, and I would try using an adjustable boom parrel (see the Mayfly 14 in Ross Lillistone's blog) to shift the boom slightly further aft, to lift the clew even a bit more. That would add even better head clearance, and give the rig a jauntier look, in my opinion.

That kind of parrel also makes it possible to shift the downhaul attachment point on the boom further back from the tack, where it is even more effective for reducing performance-robbing sail twist.

Just a few ideas you might like to try while you're experimenting with the rig. That's the really fun stage, as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers,
Anders
kenjamin
Recognized Old Salt

Post by kenjamin »

Totally understand the absence of cleats on a new boat. When I took my Caledonia Yawl to the WoodenBoat Show at Mystic in 2007, it didn't even have any aft seating! Now cutting you some slack. The boat looks great!!!
TitusTiger
Regular Contributor

Post by TitusTiger »

how are the 'glass sales going...?

sell a lot, that way someday I can afford a used one

OnPace with Titus

Synergetic -- Paceship -12
godocgo
Regular Contributor

Post by godocgo »