SCAMP Plans

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Thorviking
Regular Contributor

Re: SCAMP Plans

Post by Thorviking »

What is the latest version for the building manual? I’ve got 1.3.

Thanks,

Rick
Thorviking
Regular Contributor

Post by Thorviking »

Perhaps the denizens of the world of SCAMP are enjoying the northern hemisphere summer, and perhaps the Editor of this forum is involved in R2AK activities, but I haven’t had a response to either my forum question or the private message I sent to the Editor.

While my question remains the same—What is the latest version of the SCAMP build manual?—I located version 1.5 on another device. I have v. 1.3 printed out and am curious to get the latest version so I can build in the footwell modification which 1.5 does not show.

Thanks,

Rick
GregWads
Regular Contributor

Post by GregWads »

Hello Rick,

I am not associated with the magazine, other than having also purchased plans, but will try to provide some guidance.

I believe 1.5 is the current version of the manual. There were comments in other posts about re-writing the manual based on the experience gained from numerous SCAMP Camps. It was also stated that the task of reworking the manual is a major undertaking. So I suggest not holding your breath while waiting for the new manual.

There are posts regarding the MkII kit changes that may provide some guidance. I do not know how to embed links but the "Footwell Question..." post is a good place to start.

There are a couple of threads regarding the size of the footwell and a couple of the builders have very informative blogs regarding the same topic.

One look at the magazine and website(s) gives one the impression of a large well run organization. However, my understanding is the magazine and Duckworks Boat Builder's Supply are managed and run by the same dedicated staff and by no-means over-staffed. Therefore updates sometimes take longer than expected.

Hope this helps.
Greg.
Thorviking
Regular Contributor

Post by Thorviking »

Thanks, Greg, that does help.

Rick
alex_shcherbatii
New Contributor

Post by alex_shcherbatii »

Hi,
I'm Alex from Ukraine. I want to build SCAMP, so I would like to purchase the plans. Is it possible to the moment to get them in digital format?
Also, I see there is no option to deliver printed plans directly to Ukraine. Is it a hard restriction?

Thanks,
Alex
wdscobie
Recognized Old Salt

Post by wdscobie »

alex_shcherbatii wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:41 am
I want to build SCAMP, so I would like to purchase the plans.
Alex:

Contact Josh at Small Craft Advisor - josh@smallscraftadvisor.com
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: Liveaboard: Baba 30 DEJA VU
:: Owner M6'8" dingy
:: Former SWALLOW - https://saulboatswallow.wordpress.com
:: Former M17 SWEET PEA - https://m17-375.com
:: Former M15 SCRED - https://m15namedscred.wordpress.com/