SCAMP Plans

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Editors
Site Admin

Re: SCAMP Plans

Post by Editors »

Hi David,

If you'll send us a direct e-mail at the main address: smallcraftadvisor@earthlink.net we're happy to e-mail you a PDF copy of the manual anytime. It's about 90 pages now. We're having it gone through once more and should have most of the details filled in over the next week or two, but it will probably remain a living document for some time. —Eds
The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
Johnny Walker
Regular Contributor

Post by Johnny Walker »

My SCAMP #24 is moving along slowing during the summer (with so much outdoor living in our short season). Bulkheads are all complete and interior details are being finished, including the 3 mast steps for a cat-ketch rig. I'm going all electric for ballast and aux. power with solar assist. Completion is set for spring after many snowy months in the the boat shop. So where might this 1st SCAMP regatta be? And are there any other Rocky Mountain SCAMP builders out there? Johnny Walker
smilicus
New Contributor

Post by smilicus »

Hello,

Have you maybe got a list of materials available yet? Would like to work out a budget for the build to see if it is possible for ( a charity worker in RSA) before I take the plunge and buy plans.

Take care

P.S. Love the boat
Joel Bergen
New Contributor

Post by Joel Bergen »

SCA crew,
I was wondering if you have considered making and marketing an instructional DVD from the SCAMP summer workshop at NWSWBB?
Cheers,
Joel
Editors
Site Admin

Post by Editors »

Hi Joel,

Nothing formal planned at this point, but it's a good idea and a few people have asked. Maybe we'll be able to put something together.

Thanks.

—Eds
The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.
PASAILOR
New Contributor

Post by PASAILOR »

:D Ordering plans today! :D
Gathering materials and construction to begin during Thanksgiving vacation. This will be my third and largest boat. I have been lurking and learning a great deal on this site. Thanks to everyone for shareing their knowledge and experience.
brucemoffatt
Regular Contributor

Post by brucemoffatt »

Missing dimension?

On Sheet 3 of REV Aug 30 2011 (sail # 179) Bulkhead 1 seems to have a dimension missing for the overall length (height) of Bulkhead 1.

Dimensions in that direction are:
591 (to point on curved top, lower than overall height)
?? to curved top on centreline of bulkhead.

Can someone please reply with a dimension if it appears on other drawing revisions, or someone at SCA who has access to CAD files.

Thanks,

Bruce in Largs.
SCAMP # 179 'Romana' under construction in Largs, South Australia

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-ebook/dp/B008N9ESKS
https://www.createspace.com/4187764 (paperback)
Tasman
Regular Contributor

Post by Tasman »

G'day Bruce, just checked my drawings which are Feb 2nd 2011 version. I used the 591 dimension as the overall height. It could be a few mm. out but curve seems very fair. At the end of the day I went with what was eye sweet !
Cheers - John
Thorviking
Regular Contributor

Post by Thorviking »

Hi Editors,

I've been AWOL for some time. Life has thrown the proverbial 'everything but the kitchen sink' at me and here I am holding plans for hull #151 having only transferred lines for the bulkheads oh so long ago. The building manual I have is version 1.3. How can i get an updated version?

Thanks,

Rick
GregWads
Regular Contributor

Post by GregWads »

Hello,

I just received plans for #337 and my goal is to build the boat from the plans.

In looking over the plans, it appears there are several dimensions missing.

On Sheet #2 the Stem drawing, the drainage cutouts in front of frame #2 & frame #3 are missing. There are also no dimensions the slots for locating frame #2 & frame #3 on the stem. There is a dimension on another sheet which locates the frame relative to transom. But I would have assumed the location of the notches would be given on the drawing used to cut the piece.

On Sheet #3, bulkheads 1, 2, 3 & 4 are all drawn with notches for I assume to be inter frame stringer locations. But none of the notches are dimension-ed.