John Welsford To Help You Build Your Own SCAMP

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

jwboatdesigns
Regular Contributor

Re: John Welsford To Help You Build Your Own SCAMP

Post by jwboatdesigns »

More news. Howard Rice, convenor and senior tutor of the Small Craft Academy small craft seamanship courses, will be a tutor on this course, and will add much skill and enthusiasm to the course content. He will also be available to take participants sailing in the evenings, so not only do you get to learn how to build a plywood and epoxy boat, build a SCAMP, but you get to learn some of the tricks and skills of sailing one.
That makes this an exceptionally complete course, all the way from how to translate the drawings into boat parts, use your tools properly to cut those parts out, use the glues and fiberglass to join all the parts together and so on, but you get the opportunity to learn how to sail the resulting boat.

I'm so looking forward to being a part of this, and meeting all those who are coming.

John Welsford
We're looking forward to having him on the faculty
peabody
Regular Contributor

Re: John Welsford To Help You Build Your Own SCAMP

Post by peabody »

Monies wrote:Unbelievable building opportunity. Makes me want to build my own Scamp!

Jackie Monies

Hi jackie
You and me both! !!!
As a totally all thumbs sorta guy ...be wonderfull to have the designer looking over my shoulder.
peabody
I started this life with nothing...........
kept most of it .....