Mounting an Epropulsion Throttle Display

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

codefoster
Regular Contributor

Mounting an Epropulsion Throttle Display

Post by codefoster »

I have an ePropulsion motor for my Gig Harbor fiberglass SCAMP. I got the side-mount throttle that connects to the motor with a cable and then to the control panel/display with another cable. The cable back to the motor will run under the cockpit coming. When I get back to the transom, I suppose it would be best to run it through a hole in the transom with enough slack to let me adjustable motor mount go up and down full range. Also, I believe I've decided (still open to input) to mount the control panel/display on the bulkhead next to the compass above the starboard hatch. That means I'll need to run the cable under the starboard cockpit coming, then tucked up in the corner under the porthole, then through a hole in the bulkhead. So, what all do I need to consider here? I think I'd like to keep my bulkhead and stern as watertight as possible, so would you suggest rubber bulkhead gaskets or do you have another idea? Is there an problem with me cutting a rectangular hole in the bulkhead there by the compass large enough for the display (roughly 4x5")? Anything else you can think of to suggest? Thank you.