Lazzerette- B7 B8 mods on scamp

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

johnhodge@gci.net
New Contributor

Lazzerette- B7 B8 mods on scamp

Post by johnhodge@gci.net »

Pros and cons? Any documentation, pictures or thoughts would be appreciated. John in Tacoma
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Re: Lazzerette- B7 B8 mods on scamp

Post by dsimonson »

Hi John,

When I did my footwell mod, I put in a lazerette to compensate for the loss of buoyancy. It also compensates for the loss of storage, but further aft so I had to reorganize what goes where (still a work in progress!). I cruise two-up quite a bit, and used to keep my stack of thwarts for the bed back there against the transom, so that's a loss. Otherwise, it's great... I put wet and stinky things in it, because we sleep with our heads forward.

There were several boats with them by the time I did mine, and I really liked the way Derek's came out so I sort of copied his approach... I'll see if I have any photos of his. And, I have my modification process documented visually, I'll attach a few here, the rest can be seen by clicking on one of the photos, then through to the album they're in on Flickr. (but maybe that's old news, and you've already seen that :-)

If you have a footwell, you'd be wise to have a laz!

Derek's Liberty 53:
ImageLiberty's lazarette and footwell by Dale Simonson, on Flickr

Early drawings, not to scale:
ImageIMG_2395 by Dale Simonson, on Flickr

Re-using a hatch from the sole:
ImageIMG_2401 by Dale Simonson, on Flickr

Dryfitting components:
ImageIMG_2630 by Dale Simonson, on Flickr

Getting painted:
ImageIMG_2887 by Dale Simonson, on Flickr

Cheers,
Dale