Annie 437

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Annie 437
New Contributor

Annie 437

Post by Annie 437 »

Hi, in the port side cabin is a mount for the 12 v switch panel for pump,light, nav. usb and a small shelf.Below is a rack for charts. Starboard is a shelf with two storeage bins. Just like a little ship. I deleted the mast drain hole on B-3 and moved it to the inside bottom of the mast box to drain forward of B-3. I could imagine anchored on a rainy night and water coming down the mast to soak my pillow. I highly recommend a pin nailer for boat building. A super quick and precise way to hold pieces while you work.It's a tool you'll love using if you don't have one already.
Bob
Rob Hazard
Regular Contributor

Re: Annie 437

Post by Rob Hazard »

Hi Bob,
I noticed in your photos that you had deleted the mast-box drain. Does your relocated drain exit through the bottom of the boat? I'm also curious about how you dealt with the space below the sole in the cuddy. Will that space be watertight?
I'm impressed with your detail work. Nice job!
Annie 437
New Contributor

Re: Annie 437

Post by Annie 437 »

Hi Rob, The mast box drains are where the box attaches to the forward side of B3, the mast box drains into the forward space. For now I would just use a big sponge. I may later run drain lines from forward and the cuddy sole into the port locker, to the bilge pump sump. Those drop boards in the cuddy can also be lowered to a new level position for a sort of cabin/ desk arrangement if you squeeze into that space.That may end up being for the battery mount or not. Not a water tight space. I'm more concerned with rain water while at anchor then flooding. I try to imagine what will work for overnighting cruises and comfort.
Bob