Annie 437 pics.

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

Annie 437
New Contributor

Annie 437 pics.

Post by Annie 437 »

Hi, think I got this resizing thing fixed.Trim is dark green -rub rail is graphite. Bob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Annie 437
New Contributor

Annie 437 pics.

Post by Annie 437 »

One more picture
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ramonred
New Contributor

Re: Annie 437 pics.

Post by ramonred »

real nice paint work on your boat!
Ramon #428

"...This is not mysticism, but identification; man, building this greatest and most personal of all tools, has in turn received a boat-shaped mind, and the boat, a man-shaped soul.." John Steinbeck The Log from the Sea of Cortez
wdscobie
Recognized Old Salt

Post by wdscobie »

Very nice! Getting close to sailin' time!!!
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: Liveaboard: Baba 30 DEJA VU
:: Owner M6'8" dingy
:: Former SWALLOW - https://saulboatswallow.wordpress.com
:: Former M17 SWEET PEA - https://m17-375.com
:: Former M15 SCRED - https://m15namedscred.wordpress.com/
Rob Hazard
Regular Contributor

Post by Rob Hazard »

I'd love to see some more shots of the inside. Tell us how you laid out the cockpit hatches, etc..
Annie 437
New Contributor

Annie 437 pics.

Post by Annie 437 »

Hi, for the hatches I'll be using weather striping material, still need to install latch plates I see. Lots of bolts, seals, paint touch ups, mistake repairs and more add-ons, then comes the rigging. Sailing this summer, god I hope. I miss not having a boat in the water but not the fee's. I bought a tan bark sail and the GH mast section. Just starting the tiller, then spars of DF next.. I can see this will be one of those never finished projects. Planning for future boom gallows, a real anchoring bow sprit that won't look butt ugly and canvas.
Bob
lustyslogger
Recognized Old Salt

Post by lustyslogger »

Nice. You've done very good work
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Post by dsimonson »

Annie 437 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:12 pm
Hi everyone, I'm Bob and I've been working on 'Annie' from plans, part time between my other hobbies, for about 3 years. Still lots to do but thought you all might enjoy something different. I've added removable lead ballast 150 lbs.
widened seat tops 2 inches, a overboard bilge pump system for port and stern lockers and cockpit, and a bunch of other stuff. Thanks to those that first came up with some of the improvements I used. I have my photos on Ipad but when I try to load pictures I get file to large message. Can anyone help? Thanks Bob
Hi Bob,

Nice to see all the work you've done, looking good! You mention widening the seat tops, but they don't look like they overhang the benches, so, did you move the centreboard trunk inboard? (Or, maybe I'm looking at the photos the wrong way?)

Cheers, Dale
Annie 437
New Contributor

Post by Annie 437 »

Hi Dale, everything got moved in 2 inches, including the centerboard, and I also kept those curves on B-4. If I were to build another Scamp I might go 3-4 inches, then use filler boards for sleeping just level with the seat tops.
Bob
dsimonson
Major Contributor

Post by dsimonson »

Cool stuff, Bob!

So, is the starboard skeg hung outside the centreboard (and port to match)? Or, did they move inboard also? (I'm not sure which is preferable, but I rest the CB on the trailer bunk when on the road, so perhaps I'd like to keep the CB outboard of the skeg.)

I often cruise 2-up, so sleep on filler boards in that case (and it works just fine, slightly more rolling when a wake comes through the anchorage... I try not to anchor in spots that'll get waves), but when I'm solo I love sleeping down on the sole. All those seat-top hatches are accessible and you can use the bench tops for setting up the stove so you can make coffee while still in bed... ahhhh, nothing better! With two of us onboard there's no way we can do that, the whole cockpit is a bed.

However, even though I'm on the smaller size, 4 inches less space between the benches will be quite tight. As you say, you'll have to sleep on fillers... and organize your breakfast fixings better than I do!

Cheers,
Dale