A different rig

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

GregWads
Regular Contributor

Re: A different rig

Post by GregWads »

Hi Steve,

That looks really Nice. Just curious how the gaff compares to the standing Lug rig?
stevegrim
Regular Contributor

Post by stevegrim »

Hi Greg, Obviously there are more strings to pull, but I'm ok with that. As far as I can tell, she sails the same as with the Lug rig and turns on a dime..as for speed, It would be interesting to sail side by side with a Lugger. I haven't had the chance to get out in any decent breeze and clock Red Dwarfs performance yet. up till now, I have just been poodling around on the local lakes and a small river getting the feel of it and making adjustments to the rigging, etc. Other life chores ( the other half wants a new kitchen and bathroom) and winter weather to get out of the way. I'll let you know sometime soon.
2021-03-15 Red Dwarf on Fitzroy lake 007.3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
simeoniii
Recognized Old Salt

Post by simeoniii »

Well done Steve!
Simeon
Voyaging with Noddy, #11
pocketyacht
Recognized Old Salt

Post by pocketyacht »

Nice rig. I might suggest running shrouds to increase head sail luff tension and as important or more, to provide a level of safety when off wind.