SCAMP #419 Build in Canberra, Australia

The place to discuss SCAMP (Small Craft Advisor Magazine Project), our 11' 11" micro minicruiser.

Moderator: Moderator

connelld
New Contributor

Re: SCAMP #419 Build in Canberra, Australia

Post by connelld »

#419 I've checked out the videos you posted. Everything is helpful.

I'm #555 and just started from plans Late April. Slowly plugging away at the necessary parts and pieces and ready to epoxy in the bulkheads and longitudinal. So far so good.

jocurtis
Regular Contributor

Post by jocurtis »

It's been a while but it's time for some more SCAMPing :-) This time we start on some winter modifications to Belafonte. The first one being a footwell for the cockpit, for a little more leg room. Cutting holes in perfectly good boats has never been this fun!

https://youtu.be/1GimXjlomFI
ditherer
New Contributor

Post by ditherer »

Great stuff - I’ve watched all of them and anxiously anticipate each new one. When you’ve finished your new footwell, it’d be great to get an on-water tour of Bellafonte as well as your thoughts on what you’d do differently. I’m still waiting for my ply to show up, so I guess I’m about 4 years behind you!
dana
New Contributor

Post by dana »

ditherer wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:04 am
Great stuff - I’ve watched all of them and anxiously anticipate each new one. When you’ve finished your new footwell, it’d be great to get an on-water tour of Bellafonte as well as your thoughts on what you’d do differently. I’m still waiting for my ply to show up, so I guess I’m about 4 years behind you!
Hey thanks. I'll try to be a bit more active now that I've gotten back into the swing by of things after life (and winter) got in the way 😅.

That's a great idea, I've been meaning to do a bit of an overview of the little mods I did since the launch but didn't really film. Might have a wait a few months for an on-water tour though, it's 6 degrees C right now ❄️😔.

It seems like a long way to the end when you're right at the beginning, but it will go faster than you think. Also you'll shave about 1.5 years off that if you don't film the whole thing I'd say!
dana
New Contributor

Post by dana »

I promise I'm still alive!!! This video has been 90% edited for 6 months sorry :-/ More footwell. We clean up the hole we made previously and get started on the doubler pieces. Will we finish just in time for winter?! Probably!

https://youtu.be/UT-RjWH_pNo
dana
New Contributor

Post by dana »

After a ridiculously long hiatus, we finally get back into the garage in a desperate attempt to finish this project before summer runs out! This time we glue in the doubler pieces and do some filleting, exciting!

https://youtu.be/4Rg0shebFS4
Spike A
Regular Contributor

Post by Spike A »

If summer is running out you need to get Belafonte sailing! Don't forget your camera!
Mike
Luna Gig Harbor Scamp #462
Selway Fisher 50/50 Sailing Canoe