Posting Dilemma: Here or Trailer Sailer? What are your plans?

A forum for the discussion of all things Precision sailboats.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom S.
New Contributor

Posting Dilemma: Here or Trailer Sailer? What are your plans?

Post by Tom S. »

Though I'm glad that the Trailer Sailor site lives on it has caused a minor problem for me. Where to post?

I like some of the features that the SCA message boards have but Trailer Sailer has been home and it would be easy to continue though it is a little buggy at times. In fact, I originally tried to post this message at that site but ran into an error. Maybe that's my answer. :)

I'll probably stick with one or the other and then use Facebook as the alternate. Three places is a little much for me especially since activity is sporadic this time of year.

I guess ultimately what I'm hoping for is some consensus so I know where most of you will be and I'll just post there.
Riggerdood
Regular Contributor

Re: Posting Dilemma: Here or Trailer Sailer? What are your plans?

Post by Riggerdood »

Tom, I like all three (TS, SCA, and FB), and will continue to follow them without feeling married to any of them. It takes little time to check them for activity. I know that there is and probably will continue to be cross-posting between the three, but I try to avoid that, as it can cause confusion. All three also have their quirks, but those are easy enough to work around. I am grateful that this forum was set up for us in case TS went south, and even though it didn't, I feel we should support it nonetheless.

The PSHH will continue to be run through the TS forum, as that is how I have it set up, but it's good to know that I could also administer it here or on FB for that matter.

Just my $0.02 worth ...
Brian N.
New Contributor

Post by Brian N. »

I agree with Tim - I am going to post on both Trailer Sailor and SCA. At times I'll cross post if I feel there would be interest. or for a reader who only checks one of the sites. My wife has a FB account and I occasionally check there, but I don't post there. The SCA site does have some advantages such as the ability to edit, but I like the "tiered" thread layout of Trailer Sailor.

Anyway, its cold and rainy here, and the boat is snug under its winter cover, possible snow forecast for tomorrow. Time to sit and relax with my guitar and a big mug of hot coffee.
2008 P165
Long Island Sound
DBthal
New Contributor

Post by DBthal »

I’m checking both TTS & SCA. I keep hoping that we’ll pick up additional posters to add to the conversation.

SCA was there when we needed them for a forum, and I’ve enjoyed the magazine & online content for a number of years. It used to be like finding gold when the magazine showed up in my mailbox.

Dan
Precision 165
Sisu 22
Portage Pram
Tom S.
New Contributor

Post by Tom S. »

DBthal wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:02 am
I’m checking both TTS & SCA. I keep hoping that we’ll pick up additional posters to add to the conversation.

SCA was there when we needed them for a forum, and I’ve enjoyed the magazine & online content for a number of years. It used to be like finding gold when the magazine showed up in my mailbox.

Dan
My concern was that the relatively small group might be further splintered between the two sites but it seems like most people are sticking to trailer sailer and might check here too.

In the long run I think this site will be more stable and reliable but I can live with either one.
Riggerdood
Regular Contributor

Post by Riggerdood »

Also, there is a relatively small group of regular posters on all 3 forums. I'd bet that the vast majority of occasional lurkers on TS aren't/weren't even aware that it was in jeopardy of going away, or that this one is now available.