Got some sailing in this week !

A forum for the discussion of all things Precision sailboats.

Moderator: Moderator

Tom S.
New Contributor

Got some sailing in this week !

Post by Tom S. »

My wife had foot surgery a few weeks ago and since she's a nurse and can't really be on her feet too much while recuperating, she's had some extended time off work.

We decided to take advantage of that time off and take a little trip. She planned it and didn't tell me where we were going. I had my fingers crossed that there would be a beach cat at our destination and... there was !

Only got out on it once for various reasons but had a great time with it. There was some decent surf a little ways out from the beach and getting out past the worst of that took a little time, - but the wind was just about perfect.
DBthal
New Contributor

Re: Got some sailing in this week !

Post by DBthal »

Tom,

Glad you got out sailing! Have to take anything we can get this time of year.

Dan
Precision 165
Sisu 22
Portage Pram
Riggerdood
Regular Contributor

Post by Riggerdood »

Good for you Tom! Wanted to ask you about it at happy hour yesterday but kept getting sidetracked. No worries, next time, but that must have been a welcome opportunity during a long MN Winter.

Hope your wife heals up fast!
Brian N.
New Contributor

Post by Brian N. »

Got to love the Beach Cat at a couple of resorts we have been to. Fast!. My daughter and I had one flying with a hull just about out of the water. We took it a couple of miles out from the resort, and were admonished by the resort manager, forbidden to take one out again. Somehow a few greenbacks appeared in his hand and all was well again for another sailing adventure with my other two children the next day :D
2008 P165
Long Island Sound
Tom S.
New Contributor

Post by Tom S. »

Brian N. wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:12 pm
Got to love the Beach Cat at a couple of resorts we have been to. Fast!. My daughter and I had one flying with a hull just about out of the water. We took it a couple of miles out from the resort, and were admonished by the resort manager, forbidden to take one out again. Somehow a few greenbacks appeared in his hand and all was well again for another sailing adventure with my other two children the next day :D
:lol:

I was told the limit was 100 meters past the swim buoys which was ridiculous and which we mostly ignored but tried not to be too flagrant about it. The time limit was 30 minutes so we could only go so far anyway.

So with the entire Gulf of Mexico in front of us, we were sailing in area much smaller than our little lake. :)

Still it was fun and my wife came along which is a rare treat in and of itself.
Riggerdood
Regular Contributor

Post by Riggerdood »

Brian N. wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:12 pm
Bribery *will* get you places, in certain places!
Riggerdood
Regular Contributor

Post by Riggerdood »

Tom S. wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm

I was told the limit was 100 meters past the swim buoys which was ridiculous and which we mostly ignored but tried not to be too flagrant about it. The time limit was 30 minutes so we could only go so far anyway.

So with the entire Gulf of Mexico in front of us, we were sailing in area much smaller than our little lake. :)

Oh, the irony! You should have told them "Hey, we've sailed all the way across our lake AND back!"
Tom S.
New Contributor

Post by Tom S. »

Riggerdood wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:51 pm
Tom S. wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:57 pm

Oh, the irony! You should have told them "Hey, we've sailed all the way across our lake AND back!"
:D