boat available for 2018, an easy, fun and inexpensive option

A forum for discussion about the Race to Alaska ( http://www.racetoalaska.com )

Moderator: Moderator

scotdomergue
Regular Contributor

boat available for 2018, an easy, fun and inexpensive option

Post by scotdomergue »

No longer available; sold, I think; will finalize in early January.

I've decided not to do the race this year. I will sell my mostly set-up San Juan 21 for $1000 to someone wanting to do the race [currently on Craigslist for $1200]. Sliding seat rowing set-up is NOT included in the price, but I'd sell for additional $ or perhaps loan for the race.

She's a fun and seaworthy boat, particularly fast in light wind, set up for sliding-seat rowing (top of the line Concept 2 carbon fiber sculls); re-wired with mast-head tri-light, etc.; added reefs to main (now has 3), new rocna anchor with 21 feet of chain and 250 feet rode. She could be raced as is or with additional modifications, maybe add storm jib and drifter, etc. Plenty of time. I'll be happy to send my analysis of min/max prep and race needs and costs to potential buyers.

I've been involved with the R2AK from the beginning: in the original promotional video, volunteer on safety related teams first 2 years, last minute member of Team Sailpro 2017.

If interested, let me know.

I intend to focus my boat energies on design/build of a smaller, lighter boat the would suit me better and could be ready for R2AK 2019.